Getting drunk in home is the new in-thing. Where drinking is a celebration, mixing drinks is an art. If you are the one who owns a personal bar and is always up to mix drinks and prepare strong cocktails that get your guests tipsy in minutes, now is the time you learn how to mix like the professional bartenders at your favoruite bars and restaurants in Delhi and around.
1. Pineapple Ginger Jalapeno Margarita
This cocktail is a perfect balance of spice, citrus and punch. The Pineapple Ginger Jalapeno Margarita is a special concoction of all things perfect for the summer. Pineapple is good for glowing skin in and Ginger is a good antioxidant.
Bar: Arriba- Mexican Grill and Tequileria
- Fresh Pineapple – 4 chunks,
- Jalapeno- 4 pieces
- Ginger – 2 chunks, medium size
- Tequila – 30 ml
- Triple sec – 30 ml
- Lime Juice- 30 ml
- Salt and Pepper for the rim (Optional)
- In a cocktail shaker muddle the Pineapple, Jalapeno and Ginger.
- To this add the triple sec, lime juice and tequila.
- Top with Ice and shake until the shaker is completely chilled.
- Serve cold with a rim of salt and pepper.
2. The Green Apple Basil Martini
This summer cocktail is perfect for those summer woes. Drink this and forget about the dreaded Delhi heat. Its a perfect drink for the summers, for Green Apple and Basil help in reducing stress.
Bar: TabulaBeach 2.0
- Fresh Green Apple- 6 chunks,
- Basil Leaf- 5
- Vodka- 45 ml,
- Lime Juice- 20 ml
- Star Anise- one whole
- In a cocktail Shaker Muddle Green apple chunks, Basil Leaf.
- Add Vodka, Lime Juice and One whole star Anise.
- Add Apple Juice.
- Shake Well and fine strain in a Martini Glass
- Garnish : 3 apple slices and a Basil Spring
3. Watermelon Coriander Togarashi
This summer drink is infused with fresh Watermelon which helps in retaining water levels in the body even in this heat. This perfectly infused blend of sweet and sour, will keep you cool in the summer and will also be the ideal drink to have when you need a getaway from the humdrum of everyday life.
Bar: The Hungry Monkey
- Fresh Watermelon : 6 chunks
- vodka : 60 ml
- coriander : 2 sprig
- Togarashi : a pinch
- Lime Juice : 20 ml
- Watermelon Syrup : 10ml
- In a cocktail shaker muddle Watermelon and Coriander.
- Add Togarashi, lime juice, watermelon syrup and ice.
- Shake well and fine strain in martini glass.
- Garnish with Watermelon balls on a cocktail stick.
Mangaa – Remember, as kids you were given the aam panna to beat the heat? Your good old aam panna got a gastro twist this summer. Mangaa at Monkey Bar has aam panna mixed with vodka, sweet lime, jeera and salt making it a must – have this season.
Bar: Monkey Bar (Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore)
- 60 ml vodka
- 90 ml freshly squeezed sweet lime juice
- 45 ml raw mango squash
- 1 raw mango slice, to garnish
- 1 cup cubed ice
- Add the vodka, sweet lime juice and raw mango squash into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake well and pour into a nutella jar or glass of your choice.
- Garnish with a slice of raw mango.
Visit for more Cocktail’s Recipe….